Pride and Politics: Limousine Sex and Other Perks of the Ruling Class
First off, I’d like to thank Kathy for having me on the blog today. Also, thanks all of you for reading.
Today, I’ll be giving away a Holsum College book of your choice to one lucky commenter. To be eligible, you need to do two things—comment below, and add Pride and Politics to your To-Be-Read shelf on Goodreads.
On with the blog…
As an erotic romance writer, I’m always looking for new and ingenious ways and places for my characters to have sex. I’ve written sex on boats, underwater, in college dorm rooms, outdoors, and yes—even in a car. But I’m always on the lookout for new and exciting places for my characters to do the nasty.
In Pride and Politics (Men of Holsum College 6), my characters spent a lot of time riding around in limos. The story takes place on a campaign trail, and limos and private jets are the most typical mode of transportation for politicians and their families.
Now, I know you’re all saying, “Why didn’t they bang on the private jet?” Well, I’ve thought several times about writing airplane sex, and I just can’t bring myself to do it. Airplanes smell weird, and the only place to really get freaky is in the bathroom. And it’s not even the bathroom that grosses me out (I do believe I’ve written sex in the bathroom before), but it’s that airplane air. It’s too thin and too dry and smells like disinfectant. I’m a very olfactory person. And nothing about airplane smell is hot.
But limousines… Ah. Now there’s a place I’d love to have sex. Why? Well, I thought you’d ask…
1. Limos often have a tinted window you can close between the driver’s seat and the back of the car. Close that, and you have the illusion of privacy while knowing some dude (or chick) is sitting only a couple feet away.
2. There’s something really wicked about drinking alcohol while riding in a car. Now, I’m sure only certain types of limousines provide alcohol in the back seat. But I know some do. And how cool is that? Those who live in Louisiana, with your drive-through liquor stores, might not find this concept so taboo. But where I live in Washington, you can’t have an open container anywhere in the car. Not even in the trunk, as far as I know. So—drinking while being driven around? Decadent!
3. Tinted windows. You can see out, but people on the road, can’t see you. …or maybe they can? That hint of exhibitionism adds yet another layer of naughty.
4. Leather seats. Okay, fine—leather anything. But while some people drool over chaps and saddles and cowboy boots, I whimper for suits and ties and expensive Italian shoes.
5. Power. Even if you’re only renting a limo for prom, there’s a sense of power that comes along with a limo ride. You’re on top of the world, on your own private island. Plus, you’re driving around a damn city while you’re at it. What could be hotter?
Here’s a snippet from my limo sex scene from Pride and Politics. Enjoy!
* * * * *
The limousine was waiting for them at the door. Hunter waved Steve to go in first. And by the time Hunter climbed in and the door was shut behind him by a helpful parking attendant, Steve was sitting across from him, his lips wet and his cheeks flushed. He looked horny as hell and completely fuckable.
“Where should I tell him we’re going?” Steve asked.
Hunter normally let Steve give the driver directions.
“He knows the way,” Hunter said. “Don’t you, Eduardo?”
“Yes, sir,” the driver said. He had a deep, rich voice, and Hunter knew he had a face and body to match, since he’d handpicked the man to be their driver. “Right away.” There was a sexy laugh in Eduardo’s voice, and Hunter could tell that Steve was affected by it, because he shifted in his seat as if he were getting hard.
Hunter pressed the button to raise the window that divided the driver from the back section of the limousine. When it was done buzzing closed, he pulled the bottle of champagne out of the bucket of ice set into the armrest. There were two champagne glasses positioned in the cupholders by his seat, and he poured a glass for himself and one for Steve.
“Here.” He held out Steve’s drink, but didn’t lean forward.
Steve didn’t move. Instead, he remained in his seat, his chest rising and falling as he breathed. “You want me to come over to get it?”
There was about four feet of space between where Steve was sitting, facing the back of the car, and Hunter was seated facing front. But that distance seemed too much for Steve to cross. So Hunter helped him. “Don’t you want to?”
Steve looked away. His cheeks went even darker, as if maybe he was angry in addition to being turned on. “I will if you want me to.”
Then he darted Hunter a look so open and vulnerable if made Hunter’s chest ache. “You know I’ll do anything you like.”
Hunter set down Steve’s glass in the cupholder and leaned back in his seat. He crossed one ankle over the opposite knee and took a sip of his champagne. He let the moment take all the time it needed. And when he felt Steve was ready for him to ask, Hunter said, “What do you want?”
“Um…” Steve rubbed at his chin. He was smooth there, Hunter knew. He’d shaved right before they left.
Hunter wanted to touch that soft skin. Feel those little sandpaper spots he always missed at the corners of his jaw. “Do you want me to bring you your drink?” Hunter loosened his tie, shrugged off his jacket. He opened the top button of his shirt, so Steve knew what he was getting at. “To undress you slowly and suck your cock while we drive around the city?”
Steve blinked, but he couldn’t seem to look away. This time, when he shifted, there was an unmistakable crease marring the front of his designer pants. “Maybe,” he said. He gripped the seat. “What are my options?”
Hunter thought about that. He took another sip of his drink, feeling the bubbles pop in his mouth and listening to the sound of Steve’s breathing, audible even over the noise of the street outside.
He lifted his chin, and gave Steve that look he knew Steve liked. The one where his lip was twisted into almost a scowl and his eyes were narrowed. “Or you can come fetch your drink and do what I tell you like a good boy.”
Birkenstock-wearing glamour girl and mother of two by immaculate conception, Daisy Harris still isn’t sure if she writes erotica. Her romances start out innocently enough. However, her characters behave like complete sluts. Much to Miss Harris’s dismay the sex tends to get completely out of hand.
She writes about fantastical creatures and about young men getting their freak on, and she’s never missed an episode of The Walking Dead.
Title: Pride and Politics by Daisy Harris
Men of Holsum College Book Six
Publisher: Siren-Bookstrand, Inc
Genre: M/M, Contemporary, Erotic, Romance, Light BDSM
Word Count: 41,742
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Romance, M/M, light consensual BDSM, HEA]
Aloof and arrogant, Holsum College junior Hunter Ford has enjoyed all the perks of being from one of America’s most prominent families. Hunter can have anything he wants—except time away from his family’s political spotlight and the image consultant hired to keep him there.
Steve Camden’s job is simple—make Hunter toe the line for the duration of his uncle’s vice-presidential campaign. This is the break Steve’s been waiting for and a chance to provide a better life for his deaf sister. But he didn’t count on an attraction to the broken scion—one that rearranges everything Steve thought he knew about himself.
As Steve melts Hunter’s icy exterior, the heat between them threatens more than just their hearts. Then a ghost from Hunter’s past shows up on the campaign, challenging Hunter’s stability, and straining Steve’s ability to defend and protect the man he’s growing to love.
A Siren Erotic Romance
Read my review of Pride and Politics HERE.
Read my reviews of the other books in the Men of Holsum series HERE.
Link to the Men of Holsum Series: http://www.thedaisyharris.com/men-of-holsum-college-mm
To celebrate her new release and her visit here today, Ms. Harris is giving away one of the books in her Men of Holsum College series (winner’s choice). Here’s how to enter the contest:
You must Do TWO of the Following:
1. Sign up for e-mail updates (upper left corner). One email daily with the day’s posts.
2. Be or become a fan of Book Reviews & More by Kathy Facebook page
3. Follow me on Twitter (@BookReviewsMore)
4. Friend Book Reviews & More by Kathy on Goodreads
Make sure you have filled out the contest entry form:
5. To be eligible to enter contests on Book Reviews and More by Kathy you MUST fill out the contest entry form (found HERE). This form only needs to be filled out ONCE. Your privacy is important to me, and I will not share your information.
And don’t forget to:
6. Leave a comment on this post telling us which book you would like to read & add Pride and Politics to your To-Be-Read shelf on Goodreads by 5 PM Mountain Time Sunday afternoon.
It’s that easy! The winner will be selected using random.org. The winner will be announced on Monday.