Susan Mallery’s Fool’s Gold Cookbook: A Love Story Told Through 150 Recipes
Click HERE to purchase.
Celebrate the seasons with the folks from Fool’s Gold
New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery invites you to taste the local cuisine of her beloved fictional town and share in a year’s worth of deliciously seasonal recipes.
Fool’s Gold is known as the Land of Happy Endings, but it’s also the land of hearty appetites. Throughout the series, the residents of Fool’s Gold have found joy, comfort and good times through food. Now two local Fool’s Gold chefs will also find love through food! Join them as they flirt, fight and fall in love, one season at a time.
You’ll also find favorite recipes from popular characters in the series, such as:
Heidi’s Arugula, Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese.
Liz’s Spaghetti for the Girls.
Denise’s Summer Berry Pie.
With chapters for summer, spring, fall and winter, you can find the perfect recipe for everything from holiday get-togethers to cozy date nights, always using the freshest ingredients. And the heartwarming love story that is woven throughout is Susan Mallery at her finest.
The more than 150 recipes and dozens of gorgeous photographs in this book will inspire you to find perfection in the simple and the seasonal. And with all of Fool’s Gold with you in the kitchen, your every celebration will have a happy ending.
Fans of Susan Mallery will love the exclusive short story included in this stunning cookbook!
Baked Ziti with Butternut Squash and Ricotta
Where is it written that baked pasta dishes have to be loaded with
tomato sauce and cheese? This one stars creamy ricotta and sweet squash.
Vegetable oil, to grease the pan
1 pound ziti, penne or small shells pasta
1 bag (16 ounces) frozen puréed butternut squash, thawed
1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
Salt and black pepper
¾ cup Parmesan, grated, and divided
½ cup prepared basil pesto
***TIP: Whole-milk ricotta is best for cooking. Low-fat varieties don’t stand up to high heat as well.***
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
2. Cook pasta 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain. Meanwhile, place squash in a metal colander; set colander over boiling pasta to warm through.
3. In a large bowl, whisk ricotta, warm squash, eggs, salt and pepper. Fold in the cooked pasta until coated. Stir in ¼ cup of the Parmesan.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish; dot with pesto and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until lightly golden and warmed through.
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author SUSAN MALLERY is known for emotionally complex stories told with charm and wit. With a keen eye for human nature, she breathes life into characters on the page and was recently honored with a prestigious National Readers’ Choice Award. Susan has lived all over the United States, including a childhood in the suburbs of Los Angeles, graduate school in the hills of Pennsylvania and several years in Texas. These days, she makes her home in Seattle, Washington. She’s there for the coffee, not the weather.
Find Susan online at www.SusanMallery.com She’s also very active on Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads, and has been known to invite her fans to help her name characters and brainstorm aspects of her books.
TWO Print Copies of Susan Mallery’s Fool’s Gold Cookbook: A Love Story Told Through 150 Recipes are up for grabs (Contest is open to US & Canadian addresses ONLY). To enter today’s contest:
You must Do TWO of the Following:
1. Sign up for e-mail updates (upper left corner). One email daily with the day’s posts.
2. Be or become a fan of Book Reviews & More by Kathy Facebook page
3. Follow me on Twitter (@BookReviewsMore)
4. Friend Book Reviews & More by Kathy on Goodreads
Make sure you have filled out the contest entry form:
5. To be eligible to enter contests on Book Reviews and More by Kathy you MUST fill out the contest entry form (found HERE). This form only needs to be filled out ONCE. Your privacy is important to me, and I will not share your information.
And don’t forget to:
6. Leave a comment on this post by 5 PM Mountain Time Friday afternoon (Contest is open to US & Canadian addresses ONLY).
It’s that easy! The winner will be selected using random.org. The winners will be posted HERE on Saturday.