Welcome to the Riptide Publishing/Lori A. Witt blog tour for The Tide of War!
It’s time to play Fact or Crap again! Of the nine “facts” listed below, 2 are crap. Identify them in the comments and win prizes. All commenters who answer one correctly will go into a drawing to win an ebook. All commenters who answer both correctly will automatically win two ebooks.
- The Tide of War is, to date, the bloodiest edit I’ve ever had with Riptide Publishing, requiring a complete rewrite almost from the ground up.
- I’ve had the story idea for over a decade, but kept getting stuck on a particular critical plot point. While standing on a train platform in Wales, the solution struck me out of nowhere and the story fell together.
- The original idea was for a short story.
- My other scifi titles (written as L.A. Witt) include the dystopian erotic romance Wireless, and Falling Sky, the cyberpunk vampire duology containing A Chip In His Shoulder and Something New Under the Sun.
- While I was editing The Tide of War, I met someone at my gym who is the absolute spitting image of one of the characters, and on multiple occasions, nearly called her Ogrufina.
- Andrei gets his surname, Dezhnyov, from my college Russian professor.
- Not counting its upcoming sequel, The Tide of War is my first and so far only space opera.
- Russians use diminutives of names when addressing each other. I nearly gave up on finding the diminutives for Ogrufina, but made a typo while searching and stumbled across them.
- At 93,000 words, The Tide of War is the longest non-contemporary book I’ve published.
Title: The Tide of War by L.A. Witt
Defending Epsilon Series Book One
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Genre: Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Post Apocalyptic, Space Opera, Suspense/Thriller, Action/Adventure
Length: 371 pages/Word Count: 93,100
Lieutenant Commander Kyle West is one of Earth Fleet’s greatest fighter pilots. Every day, he leads his squadron into battle over Earth’s cities in a seemingly endless war against a vicious alien race, defending his home and his loved ones.
Millions of miles away, the Fleet’s Elite Squadron attacks from another angle, engaging the enemy on its home turf. Casualties are high, and the Squadron needs more of the Fleet’s very best. But joining the Elite is a death sentence—a surety Kyle isn’t willing to face. Until a devastating attack wipes out the family he refused to leave.
Commander Andrei Dezhnyov, an Elite Squadron gunner, isn’t sure what to make of the cocky new American pilot. Kyle is equally uncertain about the snarly Russian, but as they warm up to each other, their tentative alliance becomes a deep bond—one that endangers them both when a daring and disobedient rescue reveals secrets that call into question everything they’ve ever believed about their enemy. Secrets that their superiors would kill to protect.
Add to Goodreads.
Purchase Link: Riptide Publishing
Lori A. Witt is the fourth corner of the Gallagher-Witt quad, and prefers to play in the genres of science fiction and fantasy over all that romance nonsense. Okay, so romance does show up sometimes, but these are the books she writes when she needs a change of pace. Sword and sorcery, spaceships, and just general weird nerdy goodness—Lori writes it all. Like the other members of the quad (L.A. Witt, Lauren Gallagher, and Ann Gallagher), Lori is in the process of relocating from Omahabad, Nebraskastan to the southwestern coast of Spain. In her spare time, she tries to stay out of the middle of L.A.’s and Lauren’s ongoing rivalry, while never missing a chance to trip Ann when she’s not paying attention.
Every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing for a choice of two eBooks off my backlist (including books written as L.A. Witt or Lauren Gallagher, excluding The Tide of War) and a $10 Riptide Publishing store credit. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on July 28th, and winners will be announced on July 29th. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries.
Follow the rest of the tour HERE.