Please welcome Pepper Winters, author of the Pure Corruption MC series, to Book Reviews & More by Kathy.
1. What would readers be surprised to find out about you?
That I’m really not that interesting 🙂 Um…not sure…let’s see. I don’t like tomatoes. That’s a random fact.
2. Tell us about your writing process. Do you start with an idea or a character? Do you know what’s going to happen from the beginning or do you figure it out as you write?
I have a vague plot line and character script but as I get to know the people I’m writing and the story arc, it normally always changes. It’s great to see characters take control and guide me in a different direction.
3. Who gave you the one piece of writing advice that sticks with you to this day?
Not particularly spoken piece of advice, but I do remember reading Laini Taylor’s work and ‘clicking’ with her beautiful writing. That was the day I found my voice.
4. Is there one thing you have to have when writing?
Yes, a glass of icy cold Coke Zero and lots of water.
5. How did you choose the names of your characters?
I let them choose. I might have place holders in for a while until it comes to me, or browse on baby websites until something clicks.
6. How has music played a role in your life and in your writing?
Not at all. I have to have complete silence to write. But I love the way some lyrics can tell the soul of my story and list those in the playlists at the back of my work.
7. When was the moment that you knew you had to be a writer?
When I was about six years old and I wrote a story in my school book that was meant to be math homework.
8. What can you tell us about your couple, that we won’t find in the book?
Oh, not sure. What sort of stuff do you want to know? I guess, you won’t find their generic everyday likes and dislikes. For example, Kill loves coffee black.
9. Do you have any favorite book boyfriends of your own?
I have too many to count. It wouldn’t be fair to list in case I miss one.
10. What are five books on your night stand/bookshelf?
Boring ones. I have The Secret, Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad) Napoleon Hill (Think Rich) and a renovation guide to large homes.
11. What’s your favorite quote or scene from your books?
That’s like choosing a favourite child. There are many but I love the scene in the shower with Tess and Q in Monsters in the Dark.
12. If your couple’s relationship had a theme song, what would it be?
Um, again, I’m not sure. Their emotional growth encaptures so many theme songs J I kinda suck at this, I know.
13. Tell us about the cover process. Is this what you had in mind?
Yes, completely. I love an artist that can pluck the idea from your head and make it a reality.
Title: Sin & Suffer by Pepper Winters
Pure Corruption MC Series Book Two
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Length: 438 pages
“Some say the past is in the past. That vengeance will hurt both innocent and guilty. I never believed those lies. Once my lust for revenge is sated, I’ll say goodbye to hatred. I’ll find a new beginning.”
SIN & SUFFER
She came from a past Arthur “Kill” Killian never forgot. She made him sin and made him suffer. She tugged him from the shadows and showed him he wasn’t as dead as he thought. And with her resurrection came betrayal, deceit, and war.
But then they took her. Stole her. Imprisoned her.
Now Kill’s carefully laid plans for vengeance are complete. He craves action, retribution-the blood of his enemies. War has begun. War is all they’ll know until they’ve paid their penance. He will get her back-and rewrite their destiny . . .
Add to Goodreads.
Add series to Goodreads.
Pepper Winters is a New York Times and USA Today international bestseller. She loves dark romance, star-crossed lovers, as well as the forbidden and taboo. She strives to write a story that makes readers crave what they shouldn’t, and delivers complex plots and unforgettable characters that keep readers talking long after the last page is turned.
On a personal note she loves to travel, has an addiction to creme brulee, and is married to an incredible Canadian who puts up with her endless work hours and accompanies her on signings. She’s also a firm believer that the impossible can become possible.