Title: Intimate Strangers by Anne M. Strick
Genre: Women’s Fiction, Romance, Social Issues
Word Count: 90417/448 pages
Intimate Strangers is the rich, complex and passionate story of a contested adoption and of the two women who join to save a small boy’s life. The book examines the various faces of love: erotic love and romantic love, the love of parent for child and child for parent; and what “really” makes a parent. The book’s suspenseful focus is on the child’s fate – and on the relationship between the women, law partners with widely divergent and equally traumatic histories; who battle on his behalf. The case strikes at the heart of each. Out of their own shadowy backgrounds, the women make a stunning discovery – and must decide what to do about it, and what to do about the men in their lives. This is a story of loss, of healing and redemption. And at the same time, a heartfelt plea for justice in our courts for the most helpless among us.
Anne M. Strick has spent over twenty years in the movie industry. She has worked for Universal, Warners, Paramount and EMI, as a Unit Publicist, Project Coordinator and National Publicity Director, and with such Hollywood legends as Jack Nicholson, James Earl Jones, Sean Penn, Arnold Schwarzenegger, David Lynch, Sting and Dino De Laurentiis, among many others. She has published theater reviews, articles in Parents Magazine , Frontier and The Nation, and six books: two novels, two self-help books, one memoir (a best-seller in Italy); and a non-fiction, scholarly critique of our adversary trial system. (”remarkable”) . Born in Philadelphia, and educated at Bennington College and UCLA, she lives in Los Angeles.
Contact Links: Website
Ms. Strick is giving away one copy of Intimate Strangers to one luck commenter.
Here’s how to enter the contest:
You must Do TWO of the Following:
1. Sign up for e-mail updates (upper left corner). One email daily with the day’s posts.
2. Be or become a fan of Book Reviews & More by Kathy Facebook page
3. Follow me on Twitter (@BookReviewsMore)
4. Friend Book Reviews & More by Kathy on Goodreads
Make sure you have filled out the contest entry form:
5. To be eligible to enter contests on Book Reviews and More by Kathy you MUST fill out the contest entry form (found HERE). This form only needs to be filled out ONCE. Your privacy is important to me, and I will not share your information.
And don’t forget to:
6. Leave a comment on this post by 5 PM Mountain Time Friday October 26th.
It’s that easy! The winners will be selected using random.org. Ms Strick will e-mail the contest winner a copy of Intimate Strangers.