Many, many thanks to Kathy from Book Reviews and More for inviting me to be here today to share my latest book release, Hell On Wheels. (be sure and check the end of the post for giveaway info!)
2014 was such an odd year for me. For the first time in my life I was late on every deadline. I struggled, creatively. My mind wandered. It’s probably no secret by now that I have been working on health goals. I lost weight and have been exercising regularly. I discovered it’s a LOT easier to sit at my computer with a massive bag of potato chips than it is to get up and move, eat frequent healthy meals, and walk away from the work when I need a break—and I did need a break because both Home The Hard Way and My Cowboy Homecoming had very dark moments.
That’s why it was such a pleasure and a privilege to write in the Bluewater Bay universe with my friends from Riptide Publishing this year. I got to have lighthearted fun, and be flirty and flippant with my characters. I got to shake off serious subjects and be a little silly. I got to find my inner ZAM, to get reacquainted with the author who wrote Crossing Borders and Drawn Together.
Which is not to say Hell On Wheels doesn’t have its serious moments. But I hope you’ll feel like you laughed a little. I want you to fall in love. I want you to imagine yourself in Nash and Spencer’s shoes. They’re attracted, they’re having fun, falling in love is the last thing on their minds, but—
You know how a ZAM book is going to end by now, right?
Here are five things you need to know about Nash Holly:
- Nash learned about gravity the hard way as a child: by getting on the roof with a couple of kites and an oscillating fan. He broke both his radius and ulna.
- Nash has a highly intelligent identical twin named Healey, who’s in grad school at Stanford. Because Healey shines so bright, Nash doesn’t have a clue how smart he is.
- Nash is devoted to his family: his Pop, Ace Holly, crackpot inventor, his partially paralyzed sister, Shelby, and his brother Healey. Life has forced him to build his world around them. He’s never considered is what will happen if a time comes when they no longer need him.
- Nash makes fun happen. He plays hard, and he loves harder.
- Nash will never let a trivial thing like common sense get in his way!
Title: Hell on Wheels by Z.A. Maxfield
Part of the Bluewater Bay Universe
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Genre: Contemporary, M/M, Erotic, Romance
Length: 291 pages/Word Count: 70,000
Nash is the reliable one in the Holly family, the guy everyone counts on to keep things going. His genius twin brother is off at university, so Nash runs the family’s auto repair business and cares for his partially-paralyzed little sister while his crackpot father invents. His life seems mapped out for the foreseeable future, however much that might chafe.
So when Wolf’s Landing actor Spencer Kepler-Constantine lands in his life, Nash is ready for a diversion. Spencer is in the middle of a very painful, very public divorce and isn’t ready for a relationship—not that Nash wants one. But they both need a friend, especially one with benefits.
As they grow closer, Nash starts to see his family in a whole new light. Do they really need him so badly? Or does he simply need to be needed? Then Spencer’s ex reappears with a grand romantic gesture, and Nash has to figure out what he wants—and how to get it—before Spencer’s gone for good.
Purchase Link: Riptide Publishing
Z. A. Maxfield started writing in 2007 on a dare from her children and never looked back. Pathologically disorganized, and perennially optimistic, she writes as much as she can, reads as much as she dares, and enjoys her time with family and friends. Three things reverberate throughout all her stories: Unconditional love, redemption, and the belief that miracles happen when we least expect them.
If anyone asks her how a wife and mother of four can find time for a writing career, she’ll answer, “It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you give up housework.”
Follow the rest of the tour HERE.
1. Comment here for the chance to win an ebook. My assistant William will randomly pick a winner for each blog I visit, and that person will win an ebook of their choice from my backlist.
2. For the Hell On Wheels Tour Rafflecopter giveaway, I will be awarding one lucky reader with a 25.00 gift certificate for Amazon. The giveaway will conclude at midnight on December 8th, at which time we’ll choose a winner.
3. There are many ways to enter, and some can be done more than once. Give yourself lots of chances to win by following along the blog and commenting.
Follow the rest of the tour HERE.