THE FIVE BIGGEST DISTRACTIONS FROM WRITING
1) Social media. I find the constant flow of information exhausting and sometimes depressing.
2) Family. They have needs. That’s okay. If anything is worth being distracted by it’s family.
3) The phone. I really, really, really hate my phone sometimes.
4) Food. Thoughts of food tend to attack me while I write. I forget to eat when I’m really into a story, but I will often think about all the things I could eat. So, yeah, food is distracting.
5) Indecision. Self-doubt. If you let those negative thoughts in you will spend the entire day critiquing each word you put on the paper. You won’t get anything done. When this hits I just go read all the five and four star reviews of readers who get me. Then I’m all better.
Title: Starting New by S.C. Wynne
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Genre: Contemporary, New Adult, M/M, Romance
Length: 196 pages/Word Count: 49,800
Life hasn’t been good to Francis Murphy. He’s survived twenty-one years of homelessness by hooking and taking handouts where he can find them. When the local shelter is vandalized, he’s forced to seek food at the Grace and Light Church, where he runs into the pastor’s son, Randy.
Randy Wright believes the best in others. He’s immediately drawn to Francis, even though Francis is hardened and wary. When Francis is attacked by one of his johns, Randy and his family take him in and offer him temporary work. Randy always thought he was straight, but something about Francis has him yearning for more than just friendship, and realizing he might be bisexual.
Francis is attracted to Randy too, and Randy and his parents say they’ve always believed in gay rights. But talk is cheap. What are the odds that these Christian parents will remain open-minded when it’s their own son in a relationship with another man?
Add to Goodreads.
Purchase Link: Riptide Publishing
S.C. Wynne started writing m/m in 2013 and did look back once. She wanted to say that because it seems everyone’s bio says they never looked back and, well, S.C. Wynne is all about the joke. She loves writing m/m, and her characters are usually a little jaded, funny, and ultimately redeemed through love.
S.C loves red wine, margaritas, and Seven and Sevens. Yes, apparently she is incredibly thirsty. She loves the rain and should really live in Seattle, but instead has landed in sunny, sunny, unbelievably sunny California. Writing is the best profession she could have chosen because she’s a little bit of a control freak. To sit in her pajamas all day and pound the keys of her laptop, controlling the every thought and emotion of the characters she invents, is a dream come true.
If you’d like to contact S.C. Wynne, she can be found amusing herself on Facebook at all hours of the day, or you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To celebrate the release of Starting New, S.C. is giving away $30 in Riptide credit. Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on August 13, 2016. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!.